AFS Will Host the 13th World Filtration Congress (WFC 13)
After the announcement was made by the INDEFI Board AFS Members joined together to celebrate in the AFS booth.
From left to right: Chris Wallace, Rahul Bharadwaj, Christine Sun, Klaas De Waal, Lyn Sholl, Wallace Leung, Wu Chen and Wenping Li.
The American Filtration & Separations Society was awarded the host country for World Filtration Congress 13 to be held in spring of 2020. This will be the third World Filtration Congress hosted in North America; the last being in New Orleans in 2004, an event that set the record as the best Congress to date, at the time. Following every World Congress, a host country must wait a minimum of 16 years to re-apply to host the event again. Read more...
Oberlin Filter Opens New Worldwide Headquarters and Manufacturing Plant
Oberlin Filter Company opened its new 96,000 square foot worldwide headquarters and manufacturing plant located in Pewaukee, WI, adjacent to the Waukesha County Airport with overlooking views of the runways. The new plant sits on a 10 acre site with 66,000 square feet of factory space and 30,000 square feet of office space. The new plant is nearly double the size of their previous plant. Oberlin broke ground in April 2015 and moved in February 2016.Read more...
Upcoming Dixie Chapter Meeting
Please join us for the upcoming Dixie Chapter Meeting:
Date: September 15, 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Theme: Innovative Filtration Solutions
For Sponsorship and Presentation opportunities, contact Todd Furbee, email@example.com, Ph: 804-798-2888
AFS Awards Presented at Fall Conference
Students pictured from left to right are Jia Wang, Zhangxin Wang, Steven Weinman, Kokuvi Akoto, Nithinart Chitpong, and Christine Duval.
The AFS sponsors a student poster competition at the Fall and Spring conferences. Fourteen students competed at the Advanced Technologies in Filter Media Conference. Congratulations to all the students who competed. The winners were:
- 1st place, Christine Duval, Clemson University – Rapid Uranium Isotopic Analysis using Ultrafiltration and Alpha Spectroscopy
- 2nd place, Nithinart Chitpong, Clemson University – Poly(acrylic acid) Functionalized Cellulose Nanofiber Composite Membranes for Removal of Heavy Metals from Impaired Waters
- 3rd place, Kokuvi Akato, University of Tennessee – Meltblown Submicron Fiber Filter Media from Ingeo, a Sustainable Polymer
- Honorable mention was given to:
- Zhangxin Wang, Vanderbilt University – Anti-oil-fouling Membrane Distillation Enabled by Omniphobic Membrane
- Steven Weinman, Clemson University – Development of Anti-fouling, Anti-microbial Membranes for Wastewater Treatment
- Jia Wang, Case Western Reserve University – Fibrous Filters Using a Novel Co-extrusion Process for Fuel Filtration