What is AFS?
This is the acronym for the American Filtration & Separations Society, a technical educational nonprofit organization started in 1987 to provide a forum for exchange of information among engineers, scientists, and technologists in all areas of the fluid/particle separation field.
The society's mission is:
- To promote the recognition of fluid-particle processing as a branch of science and engineering.
- To conduct seminars related to fluid-particle separation.
- To educate (1) in universities and (2) for practicing engineers.
- To promote technology transfer.
- To solve problems in separation.
- To identify significant R&D areas.
- To interact in society.
- To conduct analysis of testing procedures.
- To apply fluid/particle separation science.